Tuesday 1 May 2012

One Week

Dear Family and Friends

Basically one week left as I plan to leave on Wednesday 9th May. Still seems like so much planning to do unfortunately. Went down to Port Elizabeth yesterday to get some advice on carriers, bags and other equipement for this journey - completely freaked me out!
Will be going back to PE on Friday to get my bike serviced and for a bike mechanic course so should be able to fix chains, spokes, gears etc - this will be a test as not very mechanically wired. Josh, my youngest son, had to put the carrier and pannier bag on my bike as I had it upside down and back to front.
The route is starting to take shape although I have noticed a few problems like the fact that my initial route took me directly through the Addo Elephant Park and its lions and elephants.
Off to the bank tomorrow to get an account set up for Dumela's education so that I can start collecting funds.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment