Tuesday 22 May 2012

DAY 14 - Tuesday 22nd - COLD MORNING/WARM NAPIER

Flip it was cold this morning on the road to Bredasdorp. Every time I went into a small valley I froze in the heavy mist. It was so cold that the gauges showing the different gears froze over. I stopped on a number of occasions to jump around and attempt to warm up and on other occasions simply bounced around like a lunatic on the bike in an attempt to get some warmth in my body. Neither plan worked. The end result was amazing though because I got to Bredasdorp in record time - it could however have been the amazing soup from Saartjie that I had this morning.

I then pushed on to Napier and I am so pleased I have stopped here for the night. It is a stunning village with art/antique shops and restaurants lining the main street. I am staying at Gunner's Lodge - owned by Gunner an Old Kingswoodian so I am in good hands. Will no doubt meet later and discuss the amazing relationship between our two schools. It is amazing the positive link people from these two schools automatically feel - well I do anyway!

I am sitting on a balcony overlooking field with horses, sheep, chickens and general farm life - I feel so blessed to be here. I think it’s almost time for a taste of Napier beer at the brewery across the road.

Hope you all had a great day.
Me

The View from my room in Napier

Napier's main street - treats all the way!

Time for a Napier beer!


No comments:

Post a Comment