Wednesday 23 May 2012

DAY 15 - Wednesday 23rd

Dear Family and Friends

I must tell you I really love Napier and was sad to leave this quaint,  cosmopolitan village. I will definitely go back there - I owe Gunner a St Andrew's College mug.

Had a fantastic ride to Stanford through picturesque mountain settings and the Akkedis Pass. I flew through the route in a fast time for me and my body has without doubt got stronger and LIGHTER. I had a cup of coffee at a wine warm and then before I knew it I was riding through the vineyards of Raka wines. The journey to Stanford was incredibly quiet and peaceful but this changed radically as I got onto the Hermanus Road. It was hugely nerve racking as truck after truck passed me and I wished I was back on the gravel. I had no idea that Hermanus was so busy and too be honest I found it quite unfriendly. Great to see and smell the sea again though. 

I then decided to carry on to Onrus as I had heard such positive things about it - again I was disappointed and battled to find a B and B. Then fortunately Anne from Siesta in  Vermont (next to Onrus) saved the day and I am staying at her B and B which is great.

I am feeling quite up- beat about finishing this trip but the nearing cold front is a bit worrying. I am looking forward to seeing Kelly tomorrow as she drives through to Gordon's Bay. The plan is that if the traffic is too hectic on the N2 for this Eastern Cape monkey that she will drive behind with lights flashing and sirens blaring. After todays traffic I think I have it licked though.

Sleep well - I know I am going to!
Me

Stopped here for coffee on my way to Stanford

Nothing better!

First sight of the sea - Hermanus

No comments:

Post a Comment