Thursday 17 May 2012

DAY 8 - Wednesday 16th - UNIONDALE

It was a bittersweet feeling leaving the kloof. It was truly an amazing experience but I am ready to experience something new now- and I am sick of pushing the bike ha ha!

Left this morning early again and it was freezing. Actually stopped once or twice to warm my hands because I battled to hold the handle bars - reminded me of the old days when we rode to school in winter and forgot the gloves. The road out was great and I managed to get to Hartebeest, just close to Uniondale. I am staying with a real gem of a lady, Elmarine Meyer, who is the real deal. Had supper with her tonight and tasted real boerekos while my Afrikaans is making headway fast.  All in all it has been a quiet and positive day.

Keep well everyone and remember to smell the roses tomorrow.


On my way out of Baviaan's

1 comment:

  1. Well done Gwaaty, you seem to be managing well. When are you on track to reach Cape Town - has the date extended? You will need to start preparing for very cold weather and rain. There is a big cold front coming so get hte gloves out!

    ReplyDelete