Wednesday 16 May 2012

DAY SEVEN - Tuesday 15th - TOUGH

Woke up wet, sore and down. I had to cross another mountain range and again did not know where I was going to stay. I realised the day before that getting over these mountain ranges limit your distance. I soon however bucked up when the rain subsided and got over the range relatively easily- I think it took approximately four hours to cover the 20 kms. My left knee is not feeling great though and I am a little worried about it. The trip down was exquisite - spectacular views and the wildlife incredible. I have never seen Kudu and other animals so close and it must be something to do with the silence of the bike. Crossed many a river and almost fell in one which would have been very funny but managed to crash into the bank instead. Finally found a B and B called Bo Kloof, which is great, after finishing the long ride at 5 and only covering 70 odd kms - and at least I will be dry tonight! I have met so many great people that have been so generous in motivating me and today was no different. I wish I could tell you about them but this would take too much time. Its weird how this journey almost feels like I am thawing out in so many respects and my confidence in the kindness of the human race is just one to mention tonight.
Lots of Love
Me

2 comments:

  1. You'll be ok Guntie just hang in there. We carry you in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete