Friday 11 May 2012

Drie Kuilen

Dear Friends and Family

Did not think I would be able to post something but fortunately bumped into a fantastic couple, MC and Matty, and their daughter Alexis on a stunning farm called Drie Kuilen, which backs onto the Winterhoek Berge.
But before I get onto how I got there let me start from this morning. Left early from the Lookout after my Cup a Soup breakfast and headed out for Kleinpoort about 60 km from Kirkwood. Was on the tar and the traffic was pretty hectic so very glad to have got to the first stop. Was treated by the management to an amazing venison pie and chips - again if you are ever in the area stop at the main Padstal on the road.
They directed me to the area I am now staying in and it invigorated me to travel another 30 odd kms. I encountered the ride of the trip thus far and wish I could post the pics I took. At close to 5 o clock was ready to stop and pitch my tent on the side of the road when I came across Drie Kuilen. I was met by a Bull terrier and a Great Dane and was about to drop the bike and make a run for it when MC sorted the situation out.

Cheers Guys tomorrow the Cockscombe -heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha!
Me


The local Pick n Pay

The "long & dusty road"

No comments:

Post a Comment