Tuesday 8 May 2012

One More Sleep

Dear Family and Friends
What a week this has been and finally the day arrives. One more sleep and the journey begins! I cannot tell you how many times I have packed and repacked, changed plans for the route and generally muddled myself completely. I have learnt more about bike mechanics, camping equipment, bottom rash cream, diets and dangerous humans & animals that I care to remember – I just want to get going now. I also have worked out that I can’t take a Garmin because I am too limited in that area and would probably end up throwing it at the Baboons –a map will have to do.
Unfortunately today the management at the Baviaans Kloof have told me that they will not let me go through the reserve alone on my bike because of the Rhino and Buffalo. They have however asked me to write a letter, which I have done, motivating my reason for needing to take this specific route. I can only wait and pray to see the outcome of the letter.
The support and advice I have received has been truly overwhelming and humbling. It’s what has kept me positive when that little guy crawls up  and sits on my shoulder incessantly and tells me that I am stark raving mad. I can honestly say that I have rarely been so moved by the kindness and caring of so many people.
I have been completely impossible at home and I think Kelly has taken the brunt of this – sorry yet again!
I am now going to try to sleep.
Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment